5 popular Trekking in Nepal
Nepal is known around the world for its magnificent Himalayan mountain range, the home of Mount Everest and as the place to go trekking. Close to 150000 People a year visit Nepal explore the incredible nature of the Himalayas. In addition to surprising mountain scenery, trekking offers an opportunity to see the mountain culture, scenic view and remote communities of Nepal there are many trekking regions but most popular are Everest, Annapurna, and Manaslu. With so many routes on offer, there are treks to suit every level of walker
The best trek for one varies according to the choice of difficulty, the period of the trek and budget. Every year Nepal attracts thousands of trekkers on its famous trekking trails and provides the best Trekking in Nepal experience. We here list you top 5 popular trekking trails of Nepal that are based on popularity, scenery, and culture. Nepal propounds the broad range of trekking starting from the short, medium and long trek. The trekking days varies from 7 days to 15 days.
5 popular Trekking in Nepal
1.Everest Base Camp Trekking
Everest base camp trekking where thousands of travelers and adventurer have dreams to get glimpse of Mt. Everest the highest peaks on this planet, which straddles the border between Nepal and Tibet, where the southern face is within Nepal and North towards Tibet-China, stands high above 8,848 m / 29,028 ft which its first ascent by legendary Tenzing and Hillary in May 29th 1953. Since then the Everest region was well exposed to the outside world as more than thousands of trekkers, climbers and mountaineers visits this awesome place every year where you can find accommodation on route the walk in the comfort of excellent lodge and guest house with warm Sherpa hospitality where rooms faces scenic views of dramatic beautiful landscapes and high snowcapped mountains. Truly a scenic country around high Khumbu valley within Everest region includes another world highest peaks besides Everest, 4th highest Lhotse and 6th highest Cho-Oyu all at one glimpse from its panoramic views points of Gokyo Ri and high Kalapathar top. Everest base camp trekking a combination of all spices from green woodland, to rolling hills with high giant peaks in the harmony of local Sherpa colorful culture of Buddhism religion retaining its ancient heritage as it is since past thousands of years. Everest base camp where you will be walking within Sagarmatha national park, listed as World Heritage Sites offering travelers with various impressive adventure destinations from a week to three weeks or more with excellent and enjoyable time on daily walks.
Everest Base camp Trekking Highlights
- Witness the panoramic view of Mt. Everest along with Khumbu Himalayan Range
- Explore the world heritage site Sagarmatha National Park
- Discover the lifestyle of Sherpas
- Witness the glacier moraines and foothills
- Experience the breathtaking trek to the lap of the world tallest peak Mt.Everest
- Enjoy a splendid 360-degree panoramic view of the world’s tallest mountains that includes Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse (8516m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8201m), Mt. Thamserku (6623m), Mt. Nuptse (7816m), etc from Kalapathar
- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek offers a great blend of scenery over a relatively easy tail leading to spectacular scenery. This is one of the best treks to do in the Nepal Himalaya, as this magnificent trek is one of the best spectaculars that takes you up into the natural serenity and beauty of Himalaya Region. This trekking is popular for a classic tea house trek. You stay in small lodges which typically accommodate small numbers of tourist and they run by local people. This trekking periphery is nestled in the 7,629 sq. km Annapurna Conservation Area. This is home to many species of flowering plants, mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians.
- Reaching the highest point of the trek, Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m)
- Exploring ancient popular Gurung villages,Chhomrong
- Mountains like Himchuli Barahi Shikhar, Glacier Dom, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, and Annapurna III
- Jhinu Natural Hot Spring
- Species of rare floras and faunas like rhododendron, pine, spruce, fir trees, and reptiles, gharials, leopard, langur monkeys, rhesus monkeys, bear, musk deer, and other beasts
- Amazing Himalayan views on the trek
- Poon hill sunrise Trekking
Poonhill sunrise short trekking A great scenic and the cultural country walk leading you the southern side of Annapurna Himalaya on the old Trans-Himalayan Salt Trade of Nepal and Tibet which stretches higher towards Mustang areas from Ghorepani village. Poonhill sunrise Trekking an enjoyable trip which takes you through interesting farm villages of Gurung and Pun Magar hill tribes of Annapurna areas and within the enchanting forest of rhododendron trees, regarded as world largest natural garden, in spring and summer the hill will be alive when flowers are in full bloom. The journey continues reaching the highest spot of the adventure on top Poon Hill above 3,210 m high, From Poonhill, you will enjoy the mesmerizing view of the sunrise over Annapurna Mountain. Poonhill offers panoramic views of Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Dhaulagiri I (8167m) and Fishtail Mountain6993m). Spring is best to take Poonhill trek as you will pass through the colorful array of blooming rhododendrons and bamboos. Monsoon rain will have made the sky clear and you will get fine views of several mountains if you take Poonhill trekking in the month of March. poon hill sunrise Trekking starts from Kathmandu with the exciting drive to picturesque Pokhara blessed with the natural beauty of mountains and lakes, where our marvelous adventure concludes back at Pokhara with wonderful and fabulous time on Poonhill Sunrise short Trek.
Highlights of Poon Hill Sunrise Trekking
- Moderate and the most popular short trek of Nepal
- Ghandruk village and the stunning views of Annapurna and Machapuchre
- Ghandruk museum which showcases traditional Gurung types of equipment, tools, and weapons
- Short Annapurna Circuit Trekking
Exciting and scenic walks around Annapurna Himalaya with high Thorang-La Pass Within high green hills covered with tall rhododendron-magnolia and pines tree lines Walk from low warm paddy fields to cooler alpine hills to the vast arctic zone of ice and glaciers Explore traditional Manang-Gurung, Thakali villages of colorful Buddhist culture and custom Into scenic Manang valley to Mustang and within world deepest gorge of Kaligandaki River Ending marvelous adventure at picturesque Pokhara valley blessed with natural beauty”
Well, Plan Trekking Path presents one of most scenic walk around Nepal North Mid West on Annapurna Circuit Trekking, a fascinating journey with daily constant views of snow-capped peaks of Annapurna-Manaslu, as walk progress higher overlooking the Dhaulagiri range of mountains. Truly an awe-inspiring trek considered at world’s top ten adventure destination where you can have the excellent time with views of high mountains in the comfort of nice cozy local lodges with rooms facing dramatic landscapes and mountains in the harmony of high Manang people enriched with old cultures and custom of Buddhism religion.
highlights of the Annapurna Circuit:
- Beautiful and peaceful Local village where there is a resident of Brahmin, Chetteri, Newars and Dalit and Janajati people in the lowland such as a bulbule, Bahundanda, Germu Phant and other place but when we trek at the higher part we will see Gurung and Magar, people.
- Annapurna II 7,937 meter, Annapurna III 7,555 meter, Gangapurna 7,455 Meter, Tilicho Peak 7,134 meter, Chulu East 6,548 Meter, Chulu West 6419 Meter and so many other mountains are clearly visible from the trekking
- Narrow and beautiful diversified Marshayndri river valley which is full of different type of forest and when we cross Thorong la we will enter into the widest valley, which is full of moraines where there is no forest which is like a desert of Nepal.
- Apples farm, different types of village Shyang, Marpha, Tukuche, Kobang, Lete, Larjung, Kalopnai, Koiropani, Ghasa Tatopani and so on.
- Manaslu Circuit Trekking
Adventure around magnificent Mt. Manaslu listed as world’s 8th highest mountains Explore high Manaslu valley villages of the immense and interesting culture of Buddhism religion Trekking from low warm sub-tropic to cooler alpine hills and towards artic zone of ice with glaciers Enchanting forest of tall rhododendron-magnolia, oaks, pines, birch to arid and barren country Crossing high and scenic Larke-La pass offering out the most glamorous scenery of mountains and hills From remote high Gorkha areas towards Manang district around Annapurna circuit route.
Top highlights of this trek include
- The scenery provides all Nepal has to offer: you’ll trek from the subtropical jungle at lower elevations, through the Himalayan foothills to the high, cold and challenging crossing of the Larkya La above 5,100 meters / 17,000 feet.
- The trek is wild and remote, yet there are teahouses at the everyday stage, so trekkers don’t need to bring tents and food, making it more accessible and affordable than similar treks
- It is far less crowded than its more well-known peers Everest Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit. The word is getting out about Manaslu, but there are still about 10 times fewer trekkers on the Manaslu Trail
- The trailhead is reached over land, avoiding the need for domestic flights.
- The first part of the trail follows the Buri Gandaki, a deep, long river gorge, with many suspension bridge crossings.